Changes Not Displaying
Content such as images is often stored, or cached, locally, so that web content displays more quickly. So when you make changes to your website, you may not see the new version right away.
After you make changes to your website, if you don't see the new version, check one or more of the following.
- Make sure that you have saved your changes.
- Preview the changes.
- Do a "hard refresh" of the page you have changed.
- On Windows, press Ctrl+F5.
- On Safari on Mac, go to Safari > Empty Cache, or press Opt + ⌘ Cmd + E.
- On other Mac browsers, press Cmd+Shift+R.
- View your page in a Private Window or Incognito Window (the name depends on the browser you are using).
- Clear your browser's cache. See instructions at http://www.refreshyourcache.com/en/home/
- View your page in a different browser, preferably one that you have not previously used to visit the page you are viewing.
- View your page on a different computer, or on a phone or tablet.
- You may have a router or modem that needs to have a cache cleared. Please check with your network administrator or internet service provider on how to do this.
- View your page on a computer on a different network.
- View your page from a different location.