I am receiving some emails, but not others.
This issue can be difficult to troubleshoot, but here are some things to try.
- Make sure that the missing messages are not being quarantined in the Message Center -- see Knowledge Base Article 83 for information on the quarantine system. If you wish to set the system to always accept email from a specific address, see Knowledge Base Article 153 for instructions.
- If you are using an email program like Thunderbird, Eudora or Outlook, make sure that your program is downloading messages correctly. Go to the webmail (see Knowledge Base Article 37 for instructions). If there are messages in the inbox there that are not in your email program, see Knowledge Base Article 36.
- Ask your correspondent if they received an error message. If so, they may be able to see why the message failed.
- Ask your correspondent to make sure that they have spelled your address correctly. This may sound silly, but it's amazing how commonly we make typing mistakes!
- Make sure your mailbox is not full. See Knowledge Base Article 72.
- Make sure that you don't have email programs on separate machines (like at work and at home) which are both set to collect your mail. See Knowledge Base Article 81.