Correcting Login Passwords
If you are seeing your username be auto-populated, your browser and/or a password manager is remembering your login information. This is an issue on your computer, not with Next9.
To correct the issue:
Edit your AutoFill preferences as described in https://support.apple.com/guide/safari/autofill-ibrwa005/mac Choose Safari > Preferences, then click AutoFill. Look for your website address, then click Edit to edit or delete the saved information.
- On your computer, open Chrome.
- At the top right, click Profile Passwords .
- If you can’t find the Passwords icon, at the top right of your screen, click More Settings Autofill Passwords.
- Show, edit, delete, or export a password:
- Show: To the right of the website, click Show password . If you lock your computer with a password, you'll be prompted to enter your computer password.
- Edit: To the right of the website, click More Edit password.
- Delete: To the right of the website, click More Remove.
Other Password Managers
If you are using a password manager like Lastpass or 1Password, see their documentation on how to change what is saved.